Community Services / Development OfficerCommunity Services / Development Officer required in Ballymena immediate start
Community Services / Development Officer required in Ballymena in Co Antrim, Northern Ireland.
Main Purpose of job:
To develop and manage community centres in the Ballymena area.
To support community and voluntary groups.
Provide direct support to Ballymena Community Cluster, associated groups, projects and funding.
- Manage community centres in Ballymena under direct control of council.
- Liaise with and support groups managing council community centres under lease/licence.
- Ensure community centres are adequately maintained and equipped.
- Advise, support the development of community and voluntary groups in the Ballymena area.
- Attend meetings of community organisations as required.
- Represent council on a range of working groups relevant to the area of work.
- To encourage and assist local voluntary and community groups to organise events and projects, providing them with appropriate information and advice.
- Work in partnership with staff across the department and other departments of the council in the execution of duties relevant to the post.
- Promote and advise on the council’s and other external grant schemes assisting groups in accessing funds for community initiatives.
- Work closely with the Ballymena Community Clusters in the development of actions plans in line with council support.
- Monitor the funding to community clusters, including claims and monitoring information required.
- To ensure that effective and accurate records and information procedures are put in place and maintained for all priorities and projects.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets and manage budgets and monitor expenditure in order to deliver the service within predetermined budgets.
- To prepare and present reports to Council and Committee meetings as required by the Director.
- To establish, develop and maintain relationships with relevant personnel in statutory agencies and other public and private sector organisations in order to support the work of the department.
- To participate in the community planning process and in the delivery of the community plan “Putting People First”
To apply for the position of Community Services / Development you will meet the following essential criteria:
- Applicants must have a degree or post graduate qualification.
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have two years’ (3 years if academic requirement is not met in criteria 1) experience in a Community Development / Community Services / Community Planning function.
- Previous experience of partnership working with community and statutory organisations.
- A sound understanding of the legislative framework and principles of good practice specifically with regard to Community Development / Community Services / Community Planning.
- Practical understanding of the main issues and developments impacting on service delivery within the service portfolio within the Borough.
- A sound understanding of the workings of Local Government and the wider environment and political context in which it operates.
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a vehicle OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
37hrs per week to start as soon as possible temporary ongoing
£13.60 per hr
To apply for the position of Community Services / Development Officer, please forward your CV to Ashleigh or Karyn at Diamond Recruitment Group by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. All CVs must be received by Wednesday 20th March.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Ashleigh or Karyn at Diamond Recruitment Group on 028 2563 2223. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Diamond Recruitment Group. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
You may have found this job vacancy searching for the following related terms:community services
More from this employer