Equality & Diversity Champions Recognised
The Equality & Diversity Awards, sponsored by Diamond Recruitment and organised by Legal Island on 23 March, highlighted the important steps taken by employers to promote an equal and diverse work environment and society.
Photo: Tina McKenzie (Group Managing Director for Diamond's parent company, Staffline Group) presents the Individual Diversity Champion award to Teresa McDonough from Habinteg Housing Association. (From left: Representative from Habinteg, Tina McKenzie, Teresa McDonough, and event host Sarah Travers.)
Congratulating the winners of the awards, Tina McKenzie, group managing director for Diamond's parent company, Staffline Group, said:
“We live in a global market with our local companies competing on a global scale so Northern Ireland is increasingly becoming recognised as having highly skilled people in a range of specialist areas.
"Employers need the right person with the right skill-set to help them deliver their organisational objectives, and that means having a diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds in their teams.
"They value diversity, and these awards are a fantastic channel for recognising what employers are doing to maintain an equal and diverse workplace. The awards also allow the wider community to celebrate in the success of individuals, groups and companies."
Those awarded for their contributions towards Equality & Diversity were:
- Northern Ireland Office (Best Employer for Diversity and Equality in Northern Ireland (small))
- Clanmil Housing Association (Best Employer for Diversity and Equality in Northern Ireland (large))
- Deloitte (Highly commended – Diversity and Equality Employer)
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (Best Gender Initiative and Highly commended Disability Initiative)
- Pinsent Masons (Best LGBT Initiative and Highly commended - Gender Initiative)
- Queen' University (Highly commended - LGBT Initiative)
- NOW Group (Best Disability Initiative)
- Teresa McDonough, Habinteg Housing Association (Individual Diversity Champion)
- Adele Davidson, NI Fire & Rescue Service (Highly commended Diversity Champion)
- Professor Tom Millar, Queen's University (Individual Diversity Champion - Education)
- Dr Philip McDermott, Ulster University (Highly commended Diversity Champion - Education)
Congratulations to all of the organisations and individuals recognised!